A Vague Reality

       Sometimes... I'm just looking, staring, watching nothing in particular but, I'm just stuck in that moment, in that frame drifting somewhere far away from this reality, without knowing that I'm actually floating away in a trail of memories hidden somewhere in my mind.. Am I dead? am I breathing? I can't really tell because my spirit isn't here anymore. It has wandered off to a place known and yet distant. There is an odd feeling about this place, like remembering the fragrance of the loved one with whom I once cuddled. It's so familiar as if I've been here a million times, like I've lived here for the longest time but somehow I don't seem to remember any of it because the place doesn't look the way it used to. As though once a colourful land has now become barren. No flowers, no happiness and the pictures slowly fading away. But the energy is so warm that it feels like it was only yesterday that I was here. 

       You know the kind of feeling that you get when you meet a certain person, I mean of course you are meeting for the first but your gut tells you that you have already lived a lifetime of happiness with them. I'm sure you know what I mean, we all have felt this at least once. As if you have laughed, you have cried and walked enough miles with this person but not today, not yesterday and no not in this life but, it was another dimension the one that has now passed. And yet another lifetime passes as I stand here looking, staring, watching and now thinking alongside...if I am to stay here, reminiscing or walk towards this alternate reality, which was hidden away in my subconscious far away but felt like home. 

       And sometimes the memory of these wandering thoughts stay and sometimes it fades. But when it does stay I find myself stuck in a loop to recreate these stories in my reality. I try to paint this dimension with the colours that have worn out from there and I keep walking and walking and walking until, I finally feel at home.

Comments

  1. Too good Amita. Didn't know about this hidden talent. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Perspective

Immerse